Underneath the Callout Area is an area for widgets. To switch on and set up the number of columns head here;
- Navigate to > to open the Customiser.
- Navigate to > in the Customiser navigation.
- Tick the checkbox Use Widgetized Footer.
- Set the number of columns using the dropdown Footer Widgets Layout.
- Click the Publish button to save.
Next is to go and add some Widgets to our new Footer Widget Areas. There are two ways to do this; via the Customiser, or via the Dashboard.
The Widget Areas are called Footer 1, Footer 2 etc. depending on how many Columns you chose in step 4 above.